I haven't posted in a really long time, so in case you are dropping by my blog and we haven't been in touch (apologies!), here is a (very) condensed re-cap of our summer drama...
June: We went on a cruise to Norway - fantastic!
July: Don gets a great opportunity to work in Tampa again and we hurriedly plan out an international move. Mom is in hospital and we come for a visit. Mom comes home from hospital and needs lots of help at home, so Aiden, Don and I stay at my parent's house in Florida. We find out Aiden's going to have a little brother! My parents begin kitchen remodel. We celebrate Aiden's 2nd birthday ;)
August: Aiden gets his first job as a ring-bearer in a family wedding in Baltimore. Aiden and I fly back to Florida. Don flies back to Cambridge with his dad to pack us up. Aiden begins climbing out of baby travel cot. I buy a really cool 'Cars' toddler bed to avoid injuries and perhaps interest him in staying put and sleeping. Epic fail (in the staying put part, not injuries). As kitchen remodel continues and knocking out interior walls approaches, I race to find a daycare option for Aiden. Aiden hates daycare. And that brings us to now - the end of his first week...
Today went about the same at drop off. Aiden starts getting upset when I start telling him what we're going to do for the day, but I tell him several times so that he knows the important part - I will come back to pick him up! The whole drive is basically Aiden saying, 'Go back Pop-Pop's house!' and he says it until I leave him with the daycare teacher. I try to make the whole good-bye part brief because if I linger at all, he only becomes more anxious and gets such a tight grip on my hair that I can hardly pry myself loose. I promised him strawberries again today and I think it's giving him something to remember and look forward to when I come. Today, the teacher said he did much better. Aiden has been afraid to go outside to play this week (which is very surprising to me because he loves playing outside usually) and today, she said he went outside without any trouble. So, to me, this is a sign that perhaps he's starting to adjust to the daycare's daily routine. Another oddity: Aiden has napped every single day this week at daycare. How do they DO that???? I can't even get him to do that. I also told them that I don't really believe it unless they provide me video proof. Oh yes, Aiden just lays down on the mat like the other children at 12:30pm and goes to sleep for an hour. But apparently, that's what happens. A little embarrassing for me, since I told them on day 1 that there's no way he was going to nap for them.
Aiden seemed in good spirits when I picked him up today - although the very first thing he said to me still was, 'Go back Pop-Pop's house!'. He remembered about the strawberries and was quite pleased to inhale them on the ride home. When we pulled into the driveway he said, 'Pop-Pop's house! Yay!!!' and clapped his hands.
We kept the same bedtime routine tonight, but he seemed a little wound up still at 8:15pm when I turned out the light. I sat in the dark room until 9:10pm when he finally dropped off to sleep. In the end, I had to hold him until he fell asleep and then tuck him in. Aiden stirs, cries or walks over to bed in the middle of the night at least 4+ times every night and it is definitely affecting my mental clarity - I found out tonight that I am 2 weeks more pregnant than I thought. I have no idea how I skipped 2 whole weeks - this is going way too fast! Please baby, slow down so mommy can get her mushy brain together and chaotic life in order!

No comments:
Post a Comment