"I want purple movies!!!!" Interpretation: "I want purple smoothie!"
Don and I usually sing to Aiden after his bedtime stories. Lately, Don is handling Aiden's bedtime routine, while I'm nursing Noah to sleep. Today, he told me that while putting Aiden to bed the last few nights, he told him, "Sing better, Daddy". Poor Don! He may not have perfect pitch, but he sings a mean "Walk on the Ocean" (Shout out to the 90s! Come on, you remember Toad the Wet Sprocket, right?). I guess Aiden needs Pavarotti to sing him to sleep.
Lately, we are really impressed with Aiden's geography skills. He can point out Florida on a map and understands that certain people live in certain places. For instance, he knows Grandpa is in 'Oryando' and Mum-Mum and Pop-Pop are in 'Battimore'. He also knows that we live in St. Pete. A month ago, we visited friends in Denver. They have since relocated to Texas. I told this to Aiden, but he corrected me, "No, Mommy, they in Denver. I go on airpyane and fly Denver now." You can tell we travel a lot. This kid is always wanting to get on a plane to go somewhere.
While pushing Aiden on the swing at the park..."I go super-duper high, Mommy, like Pop-Pop does!"
For months, Aiden has been rocking backward in his chair at the table. Don and I have told him loads of times not to, explaining that he could fall backward and hurt himself. We've tried time-outs and other incentives to stop, but we just thought it would have to happen for him to learn his lesson. And it did happen two weeks ago. He was not hurt, only a bit scared in the moment. Since then, he randomly will say to me, "I rock backward in my chair and fall backward. 'member that, Mommy??" [Um, yes, Aiden, I do remember that] "I don't want fall backward again" [Good, I don't want you to fall backwards again either!]
No comments:
Post a Comment