Tuesday, 12 March 2013

Bye, Bye Baby Mullet

It is such a hard thing for me to accept when I must cut my baby's hair for the first time. Irrational as it may seem, to me, it signifies the transition between baby and toddler, even more than learning to walk. First of all, it changes their look so dramatically (depending on how much you cut) and suddenly they are a little boy and the babyish look is gone. Secondly, the more haircuts, the thicker the hair gets and though still soft, it's no longer that sweet wispy fine baby hair.

Don disliked the 'mullet' look for awhile, but I wasn't ready to let my baby boy grow up.















Finally, we took him to the barber. Not so much because people would ask if he was a girl, but because it simply was time.



He did fairly well seated on a board across the armrests of the barber chair, but kept a worried look on his face the whole time. Mama, Mama, Mehmeh (whine).






 It cost us 10GBP - ugh - for a 10 minute cut. But, even though it's a good cut and looks nice, I've still decided I don't like it.

Why, Momma, why?












Just for fun, here's Aiden's first cut at the almost exactly the same age, 15 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment