I'm happy to report that there have been no other tantrums since our castle outing. But that doesn't mean I have an easy-going toddler on my hands either. We still have our little daily battles over the usual no-no's: throwing things in the toilet, climbing onto the sofa and swinging the large world map back and forth and climbing on top of the dining table. Yes, it is quite a feat for a 13 month old, but Aiden is agile and strong enough to climb on top of a chair (higher up than the sofa) and then on to the table. He then stands up and walks on it (I will post a video of this soon). Of course I fear he will fall, but sometimes I simply have to let him do it 10 times and keep picking him up and saying 'No-no, Aiden! You could fall and get a big owie!' But this kid is a gung-ho climber! He loves climbing into his pushchair, sitting down in the seat and sliding down the footrest. When we go to swim lessons, he can climb out of the pool, completely unaided. He also uses his high chair like a ladder to get a different, 'taller' perspective.
Sometimes, even after all of this physical activity (for him and for me!), Aiden still tries to skip nap time. And when this happens, we usually end up cuddling on the couch for an episode of Thomas & Friends before he finally drifts off to sleep, which is what happened in the above photo.
No comments:
Post a Comment