The 'language explosion' I wrote about a few weeks ago is picking up speed. Aiden will usually attempt to repeat a word if asked and it usually sounds something like the actual word. A few days ago, he completely blew me away with surprise when he repeated a word I said while speaking to Don. I was feeding little man his dinner and (as Aiden has been a bit picky lately) I told Don I was happy to see him eating well. Promptly, Aiden looked straight at me and said, clear as a bell, 'Happy!'. The inflection with which he says it is more like, 'Haappy!', with emphasis on the first syllable. We were incredibly excited and impressed, because he also understood the meaning. Over the next couple of days, without hearing me say the word, Aiden would come up to me and say, 'Happy!', either while enjoying playtime or after eating a good meal. Nothing satisfies me more, as a mother, to see that my child is healthy and happy. But, it is especially gratifying when my little grinning toddler verbally expresses it to me.
As it has been a rather rainy start to the week, there are several puddles on the sidewalks and it is necessary for Aiden to wear his Wellington boots. He loves stamping through puddles, no matter how small. Yesterday, he particularly enjoyed a large puddle and looked up at me with a huge toothy smile that wrinkled his little nose. 'Happy!!', he said excitedly. I just can't even relate the extreme cuteness of that moment. That is a moment I will forever keep in my vivid memory.
So cute! Such a 'haappy' child!
ReplyDelete