I love reading my fellow mommy bloggers' posts about the funny things their kids say. I find it hilarious and fascinating to hear a 2-3 year old chatter away about something and try to follow their skippy logic. Aiden has recently reached this fun stage of early childhood and I LOVE it! He cracks me up and I just thought I would share a few stories here...
This morning I woke up to Aiden at my bedside saying, "Wake up, Mommy!" Here's how our conversation went:
Me: Oh
Aiden: It's Good-morning time, Mommy!
Me: Huh
Aiden: Come on, Mommy. Get up, Mommy.
Me: I don't think I can
Aiden: You can DO it, Mommy! Walk on floor, go in there, play cars, Mommy.
Me: I'll try (sitting up)
Aiden: You did it, Mommy! Good job, Mommy!
Me: Ok, buddy, let's go (laughing)
Oh, I am sooo lucky to have such a happy, little boy!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lately, Aiden likes to make a mental list of all the things he loves. He rarely says he loves me or Don and when we say, Aiden, I LOVE you, he replies, Yeah. OH, we just are pining for those moments when he might say those three special words unprompted. But, usually, the list goes something like this... (I have tried to type Aiden's words how he pronounces them, for the cute effect).
Aiden: Oh, wook - bananas! I WOVE bananas. And stawbabies and buebabies, Mommy. And I wove cars.
Me: I know you do, but WHO else do you love?
Aiden: I wove B and O [friends of ours]. uhhhhh....uhmmmmmmm.... Wow, wook, Mommy! Table [or other meaningless object]! It's pwetty cool, Mommy. I WOVE it!
And today, after picking him up from pre-school, he attempted to hug our car, 'I missed it, I WOVE car!' All I can say is, wow. This kid's got a lotta 'wove'.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Aiden has developed a fascination for rocket ships and every day, he asks to watch videos of them.
"Mommy, I want to watch rocket ship boost."
I've told him loads of times it's called a 'space shuttle'. But, I did tell him the white things were booster rockets. So, I think it's his own jumbled name for it ;) I pull up videos of the space shuttle launches and landings and he likes doing the countdown with me. "Mommy, count!! 3, 2, 1, bwast off!!"
Aww! We worked hard to help Vivi with her L sound, and then I immediately regretted it upon losing "wove." So adorable. Keep 'em coming!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Justine! I love reading the Vivisms and am enjoying hearing funny things from Aiden now too. Aiden used to say, 'doubleboo' for the letter W. I miss hearing that now since we worked on it with him to say it correctly.
ReplyDelete