Saturday, 23 June 2012

Noah's on the move!

There's no question that a little determination and a lotta wriggliness (pretty sure I made that word up) can produce a crawling 6 month old boy.  He's not too fast, but he is certainly able to get where he wants to go.  Every day he gets better and quicker.  So, once again, it's time to baby-proof.  Time to get down on the floor and look at everything that could possibly interest and/or harm Noah and make some changes.  I can't believe the time has come already.  I had hopes that my second little boy would be more laid back and not have interest in moving until 8-10 months.  I would have been totally fine with that.  From my experience with Aiden, things just get harder from here.  And it seems Noah has followed suit with Aiden.  I remember quite clearly that Aiden began to sit unaided at 6.5 months, crawled the next week and pulled up the week after that.  Noah began sitting and crawling last week.  Yesterday, Noah put his hands on mine and from a quasi-sitting/squatting position stood up.  I think walking won't be that far off.  Then again, maybe it's a good thing Noah's on the move early.  He and Aiden will be chasing each other around and providing mutal entertainment in no time!  Here's Noah's crawling strategy:
1 - Roll over to tummy.  Easy peasy.

2 - Burrow face into floor and bring the knees up

3 - Now we're up

4 - Move arms forward and belly flop down

5 - Try, try, try again!

Just for nostalgic fun, here are pictures of Aiden's crawling strategy.

1 - Get up on all fours

2 - Push up position

3 - Check to see what's under there

4 - Look at me go!



No comments:

Post a Comment