Monday, 13 August 2012

Suspicious Silence

I saw the above card online today and really feel it is been hard-wired into my brain!  If it is too quiet, I know Aiden is most likely up to something he shouldn't be.  Occasionally, it might mean Aiden has fallen asleep while playing during his 'quiet time' (during which he must play quietly alone in his room).  And by 'occasionally', I mean perhaps, maybe once a month or so.  And when it happens, I do a happy dance, take a photo and savor the moment.  No really, I do:


During the last week, I have experienced some silences which were of the suspicious kind.  Aiden has a large walk-in closet which is great for storing toys and adds a bit of extra play space to his room.  The other day, I had to shut down the toy closet when I found Aiden here:


He apparently used the seagrass toy chest (bottom right) to get onto the shelf.  I have since removed the toy chest.  Again, a 'too quiet' quiet time led me to find Aiden sitting nicely at his table with glitter glue, paper and other art supplies that are usually kept on an even higher shelf.  My jaw actually did drop and I asked him how he got them down.  He then showed me how he scaled the dresser in the closet to reach the art box.  Sigh.  I now keep the closet door closed at all times.  What a monkey!

No comments:

Post a Comment