
All week long it has been a sad, miserable and repetitive saga of not eat, not sleep and not play (instead of the regular baby rhythm of eat, sleep and play). Poor Aiden has endured the most stubborn new tooth to date. It began with a high fever of 39C (102F) on Friday night and general lethargy (which is the opposite of Aiden's normal character). We watched Thomas the Train until we could sing the entire song at the end by memory. This seemed to be the only way to settle him and it was an instant calmer.
At long last (and a couple of doctor visits later), Aiden's top tooth finally broke through his gum. We were at our weekly swim lesson and Aiden had been chewing on a pool toy, when he started to cry and I noticed blood in his mouth. We were lickity-split out of the pool and by the time the life guard came over to investigate, he wasn't bleeding anymore. I explained he was teething and that a tooth had just broken through (he didn't hit his head or anything) and they agreed I did not need to fill out any paperwork. We finished the lesson and that night Aiden slept through only waking once! And we both really needed that sleep!
The pic is from swimming last week when a photographer was there to charge me 15 GBP a photo - but hey, where else will I get an underwater photo of Aiden?
No comments:
Post a Comment