Tuesday, 31 August 2010

Chasing Aiden

Seems like a while since I've had a spare moment in the evening to write. But tonight, Aiden is in bed early (8pm)! Today, I took Aiden to Shepreth Wildlife Park. We went there a few months ago and at the time Aiden was only interested in the railings and blades of grass, pretty much anything but the animals. I thought perhaps he would be more keen on watching animals this time - he loves chasing the cats around our house. Nope. Every stair was calling out to be climbed and the swing in the play area captured his attention. Outings are fun, but I spend more time chasing him than doing much else. Aiden has his own agenda and doesn't really care if I'm behind him or not. He is persistent in going the way he wants to go and if I try to redirect him, he is undeterred. But this can be a good quality someday, right?

I snapped the above photo yesterday. Aiden loves climbing and getting into things. Laundry is tough to complete when your toddler is trying to pull the clothes out of the washer as you are trying to load them. Lately, he enjoys it when I pull him in the laundry basket, sliding him quickly across the floor. Bad for my back, but great for a giggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment