Saturday, 15 May 2010

Aiden Steps Out


The most amazing thing happened today...

Chatting away on the phone, I suddenly noticed Aiden standing steadily unaided and looking as though he might contemplate making his first step. I yelled for Don and he raced in with the camera. This time, Aiden just dropped back down to the floor and crawled a bit more. I thought he might just take a few steps if Don and I encouraged him. So I stood him up facing me and on the first few attempts he didn't quite let go of my hands and stumbled towards me. On the next try, he stood quite solidly and stepped out, taking about 4 or 5 steps straight into my arms! The surprise on his face was priceless and I was overcome with pride and pure joy!

Babies really are fascinating. I can't help but tell the world every time Aiden does something new. So I am truly happy to share this with you. Don captured the whole thing perfectly on video and it's wonderful that he was there to share this moment.

1 comment: