Monday, 17 May 2010

Reminiscing


Tonight I met a friend's brand-new baby girl. Though a few weeks early, she is a healthy 6 lbs 10 oz - a few ounces more than Aiden at full-term. Even still, as I held her, I was convinced she is the tiniest baby I'd held. Only 9 months ago, Aiden was this size and I have trouble believing he was once so small and fragile. What an amazing transformation babies make in such short time. If it weren't for those midnight feeds, I'd wish the baby stage lasted longer. It's not that I don't want Aiden to grow and develop - that's half the fun of being a parent. But, everyday I wake up and find him to be more and more a toddler. He's becoming a little boy. He's starting to walk. Maybe he'll be talking soon. Guess I'm being a bit nostalgic (perhaps prematurely), but I am desperately hanging on to these 'baby' moments while they last. These days are too precious and gone too quickly.

Aiden was just 12 days old when this picture was taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment