This is my new blog about my life. Actually, it’s about my son Aiden’s life, which has eclipsed my own and is certainly more exciting. And now, even as he sleeps, I can tell the world what he did today.
Our day started promptly at 8:00am and I breathed a contented sigh, thanking God for a full night of sleep. The Lord knows I need it to keep up with this kid. We had a breakfast of porridge and applesauce and continued with playtime. As usual, an hour’s activity in the morning usually leads to a slightly cranky Aiden, who sometimes manages a mid-morning nap and sometimes doesn’t. This morning the case was the latter and we spurred on to Aiden’s Monday swim lesson at Parkside Pool. The water was too cold AGAIN and when my baby boy turned a purpley colour, we quit the lesson prematurely to warm up and dry off. Aiden barely made it through his lunch before giving in to sleep.
It’s tougher on the days with only one nap. When you’ve got a 9 month old who is nearly walking and has already learned to climb things, you could really use a pair of eyes in the back of your head. Better yet, a clone of yourself. Yes, that would do it. Then, I could actually wash the dishes during the day and not at 9:00pm. I could even briefly walk into the next room to grab a drink of water or use the bathroom. Today, I started to go upstairs for something while Aiden played in the living room. He looked at me and then turned back toward the sofa and proceeded to put his knee up. Before I could even fumble the stair gate back open, he was on top of the couch! I raced over and caught him before he lost his balance. Whew. Didn’t even know he could do that yet. Totally thought it was too high (a whole foot off the ground).
We spent the afternoon looking around the John Lewis for blackout curtains, as the British summer is approaching and sunset gets later and later. On our way home, we met a friend for a coffee. At this point, Aiden was anxious to have a romp around, which left me spinning in circles around the Starbucks and apologizing to the man next to us trying to work on his laptop (as Aiden kept grabbing and rocking the table).
At long last, the house is quiet and I am typing away, though should probably be getting to those dishes.
No comments:
Post a Comment