Aiden is Irish for 'spirited one'. I do not think there is a name that would suit my son more than this one does. And I can't help but wonder sometimes... is this pure coincidence (since we chose the name well before we knew the personality of our baby)? Did I eat too much chocolate during pregnancy? Is it all in the genes or did I somehow mysteriously influence Aiden's seemingly endless supply of energy and curiosity? Either way, I am quite proud of my busy little man. It makes me smile to see him so excited about rolling an empty plastic bottle, swinging a door on its hinges and babbling on about who knows what. I love to see every new discovery light up his face. It's inspiring.
Tuesday, 11 May 2010
The Power of Suggestion?
Sometimes in life, there is a strange irony that you makes you wonder how much influence one thing has on an outcome. And when you think it through, you're sure it's a completely ridiculous coincidence, such as having a dream about rain and waking up to find the ground completely soaked or turning on the radio and hearing the very song that has been playing in your head all day. My absolute favourite boy's name for years has been Aiden. I always had it in mind that I would one day like to have a little boy to call by that name. Fortunately enough, my husband quite liked the name too and, after giving consideration to a few others, settled on it. Of course, the initial searching involves learning the origin, alternate spellings and meanings of a namesake. Many times in the Bible, someone is given a name that reflects the nature of their birth, appearance or character. In our time, it is common to name a baby after a relative or celebrity or a parent might just like the sound of the name.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment